First, get a free wallet:
Then, enter your wallet address:
- ZERO transaction fees. Instead of a fee, senders do a small Proof-of-Work to prevent spam. If you send 10.91 Nano, they get 10.91 Nano.
- Near-instant transactions. Transactions are fully-settled in <1 second average. There is no waiting hours for block confirmation.
- Environmentally friendly. Nano transactions use >4 MILLION times less power than Bitcoin transactions (0.112 Wh vs 500+ KWh).
- Highly scalable. There are no protocol-side limits like block sizes or block times. Nano uses whatever resources are available, leading to high TPS.
How does it work?
- Every Nano account has its own blockchain. This is different from Bitcoin, where all transactions are added to a single shared blockchain.
- Nano transactions are peer-to-peer. Senders and receivers interact directly with each other. You don't wait for transactions to get added to a shared block.
- Transactions are asynchronous. Your transactions don't affect other people. Double spend attempts are quickly settled by balance-weighted node voting.
- Instead of a transaction fee, Nano uses Proof-of-Work from the sender to prevent spam. Wallets can pre-compute this work so there is no delay.
- Nano is so lightweight that anyone can run a node. One transaction fits into a single UDP packet & uses 4 MILLION times less power than Bitcoin.
Want to learn more?
Get more Nano!